A planning submission has been made for a mixed-use development on a deteriorating brownfield site in Westbury on Trym, bringing five new homes and a commercial unit.
The land at Court Farm Mews has previously been used for private garages and a commercial unit but it is now under- used, deteriorating and in urgent need of redevelopment.
The proposed project is a mixed-use development of five 3/4-bed homes, set back behind a new commercial unit and designed to reflect the historic character of the Old Police Station fronting the High street.
Redeveloping this brownfield site for modern homes and attractive office space makes optimal use of an under-utilised and run-down property in the heart of Westbury on Trym.
The development will see a collaboration between Andrew Minto, Landhaven’s founder and Craig Short, of Craig Short Building Contractors. This is the second time that the pair will have worked together on a new development in Westbury On Trym.
Named Court Farm Mews as a nod to the land’s history as part of Court Farm, this project will bring biodiversity to the area again, through tree planting, lawns, bird boxes and bee bricks.
You can see more about the environmental, social and economic benefits Court Farm Mews will offer below.
- Biodiversity gain via tree planting, lawns, bird boxes and bee bricks
- Highly energy-efficient new buildings
- Renewable energy generation & air-source heat pumps
- Electric vehicle charging
- Reducing water waste
- Modern, high-spec, energy-efficient housing & commercial space
- Parking & secure cycle storage
- Traditional character at front to enhance the Conservation Area
- Maintain integrity of neighbouring and heritage buildings
- Local employment opportunities
- Ongoing boost in trade for local businesses
- Attractive, modernised commercial workspace
- Optimisation of under-utilised land
- Investment in the built environment of WoT
Andrew has been busy sharing information about the project with the local residents and speaking to local business owners who feel positive about the economic benefits the development will bring.
Please view the community flyer about the project or download a copy below.
Find out more about the background to the Court Farm Mews project and the local family we’re helping to realise the value of an under-used, deteriorating site